“Men’s wardrobe essentials” is a terrifying, all-encompassing term, but if you made it this far into 2023 with your hall-of-fame style reputation largely intact, it’s hardly a daunting one. But if the first half of this year was filled with more big flops than big fits, well…we’re still proud of you—and there’s plenty of time left to serve some serious looks. So whether you’re on a sartorial hot streak or are kinda, sorta figuring things out, this handy master list of GQ-approved fashion staples won’t let you down. From dazzling warm weather accessories to unbeatable blue jeans to blizzard-ready jackets, these are the menswear sine qua non you should lean on to keep you looking fly all year long—59 men’s wardrobe essentials actually worthy of the moniker.
The Menswear Essentials Hit List
- The Heartthrob Button-Up: Uniqlo extra fine cotton broadcloth striped long-sleeve shirt, $40
- The Quintessential Year-Round Shorts: Patagonia Baggies shorts, $65
- The Skin Care Routine You’ll Stick With: CeraVe skin care set, $40
- The Wear-and-Repair Jeans: 3sixteen CS-100x classic straight jeans, $230
- The Do-It-All Double-Breasted Jacket: Polo Ralph Lauren soft linen suit jacket, $698
- The Goes-With-Everything Loafers: G.H. Bass & Co. Weejuns 90s Larson loafers, $155
- The Signature Scent: Aesop Gloam eau de parfum, $195
- The New White T-Shirt: Buck Mason Field-spec heavy tee, $55
- The Red-Hot Retro Sneaker: Asics Gel-Kayano 14 sneaker, $150
- The Not-Quite-Investment Watch: Seiko 5 SRPD63 watch, $244
All products featured on GQ are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.