As a Buyers Assistant at David Jones, you will work alongside your Buyer to drive commercial results for your category. Joining our Menswear team, this is a rare chance to assist with exceptional product selection across our Men’s Accessories Category. You will leverage other key business functions to drive the product assortment during peak period for our iconic brand.
Reporting to the Buyer, we are looking for an experienced BA with excellent stakeholder engagement skills to be able to liaise with our luxury vendor partners and drive successful outcomes.
This Buyers Assistant will have the opportunity to support our Menswear categories, working within our best in class Merchandising function. We are looking for someone with experience in a similar role, who is highly organized, is an excellent communicator and has advanced skills using Microsoft Excel.
- Quantify and complete Buyer orders.
- Monitor product performance and initiate markdown within policy.
- Support the effective management of stock to satisfy customer demand
- In conjunction with the Buyer, maintain effective relationships with suppliers and support with the identification of new business opportunities and trends
- Assist the Buyer to maintain reorders within brand maps and price curves.
- Monitor advertising stock back up and performance, inclusive of ticketing and sample coordination
- Monitor and maintain purchasing, sales, GP, OTB and inventory levels.
- Monitor basic stock performance and recommend action to Buyer/ Merchandise Planner as necessary.
- Demonstrated experience working within a similar Buyers Assistant role in a retail environment
- Intermediate skills on Microsoft Excel including using VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills with the confidence to engage with stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and meet conflicting deadlines
Apply via LinkedIn only, do not use the ‘apply now’ form below.
To be kept in the loop with fashion jobs in Melbourne, subscribe to Fashion Journal’s Careers updates here.